Monday, November 27, 2006

Merry Christmas

Falalalala la la la La! Yes its that time again. I love this time of year. Just got done eating turkey and moving on to Mom's cornish hens! There is some frustrating things about this time of year. One thing is the way companies try to be Politically Correct. I must seem pretty daring with my "Merry Christmas" title. Historically America unabashedly celebrated Jesus Christ's birth. I mean I think equal attention should be given to other religious holidays but when you see a commercial with a boyfriend giving his girlfriend a gift and says "Happy Holidays" I mean really, doesn't he even know her religious affiliation? She should hit him in the arm and say "Hey! I'm Buddhist ya jerk!

Anyways I made this holly by taking a black and white photo and turning it into a relatively high lpi (60-80 lpi) bitmap which gives it that air-brushed look. Brought it into Illustrator for the red berries. The overall effect is retro look. You could make a card like below:



(holidays typo on purpose—gives redneck quality)

No comments: